Thursday, February 28, 2019

First Group Discussion

     Hey guys I’m back! OK so today in class, we did a group discussion based on our ideas and where we are heading to with the portfolio project we were assigned last week. So basically, what we do in a group discussion is that we are put into groups of about 6 people, each in a different group in this project, and we discuss our future plans and what we have in our minds going into this project. I have to say, it was very helpful and when we finished I had a ton of new ideas to tell my partner about. This discussion helped me gain some insight into what kind of style I want to approach this film opening. There was this really cool idea that I wanted to implement in the opening scene but I was not sure how I was going to make it work or if I should add it, so I asked the people in the group what they thought and they actually helped me solve my problem and told me it was a really good idea. The idea was that in the opening shot of my film, I wanted to have a drone shot of the family van in which family that was moving into Miami was in. The problem was that I was not sure on how to make it obvious in the drone shot on which van I wanted to show since there are many cars in the highway at once, making it more difficult to target our van with the shot. They gave me the idea of going to the highway State Road 27 on a morning because there are not many cars there at that time. If I am not making any sense right now, let me show you guys what I want to do with this drone shot. Here is a link of a video you guys can watch to see what I am  talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnEEbCfvbCw

                         Image result for Drone shot of family minivan in highway from movie       Image result for Drone shot of family minivan in highway from movie
     Another thing that my group members made sure to point out was that I need to be careful with the time because the Portfolio project can only last 2 minutes. I am still not sure how I am going to squeeze my whole idea of a new family having to restart their whole lives in just 2 minutes, but I am working on a storyboard and outline to help get myself more organized on our plan. I will let you guys know on how our progress in unfolding our story line continues once we have everything in order. Talk to you guys soon. Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment